About Me

I'm Cheyenne. I'm 23 years old with a full set of dentures. This is my journey, these are my experiences. I hope to help those of you struggling with the same situation, and also help myself cope with this whole process. I also make vlogs on my youtube channel about my denture experience. It's not easy to be so young going through such a difficult situation, but it's who I am and I am learning to love and accept myself for who I am now.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for video updates:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEtDniBGywg85wQum_tbu3Q


Saturday, February 28, 2015

1 month & 2 weeks after extractions & lower denture ~ UPDATE!

To all of my followers and subscribers I'm sorry I haven't updated lately. There has been alot going on in my life, one of my friends passed away and my grandmother has been to the hospital and I've been busy, lots of things have happened that don't usually. But I figured it was time to update since I've got so many messages on my facebook and comments asking about how I was doing. I can't thank you all enough for being so supportive and asking about me. I am so thankful.

So its been about a month and two weeks since I got my lower denture. As you all know, it is lopsided and the dentist took off half of one side of it and sawed off part of the tooth as well. (I posted pictures in my last blog post) and it most definitely doesn't fit. I got another soft reline two or three weeks ago and it is completely loose now and does not fit. I have to go back Monday for another adjustment. But my gums feel really bony. There's 3 or 4 spots that just stick out like there's a bone fragment underneath and one of those lumpy spots just started showing a bone fragment which hurts like hell. It's extremely painful to chew. I've been keeping my dentures out as much as I can because it doesn't hurt as bad when they're out. But the bone fragment working out feels really big, not sure if it actually is cause the whole thing hasn't come out yet but it's working it's way out slowly. It just takes sooo long for them to work out and it's really hard to deal with because it's so painful. But the denture is an absolute mess. I've seen other people's dentures and they look normal, same size on both sides. They haven't cut some of their teeth off, the dentures fit the person. And I just don't understand why I'm having so much trouble. I have tried telling the dentist about this and telling him and it doesn't look right or feel right in my mouth and he always come up with some excuse for why it's like that. Oh well the shape of your gums made it have to be that way.... NO. My gums are the same size on both sides they are not misshapen to the point that half the denture should be sawed off. It's just ridiculous. I'm so sick of dealing with this crap. I am holding back my payments until he makes it right or if he chooses not to then I may have to get a lawyer involved. Which I really don't want to do. But this isn't right and everyone knows it. The dentist made a mistake and he should fix it without charging me. Bottom line.

So basically that's the update as of lately. I planned on making a video but I haven't had the time with everything going on. But within this week I will make a video. After I go back to the dentist and get my reline and have a few more things to talk about. For now, things are not so great. I literally have to put fixodent in 2-3 times a day. Normally you use it once a day, right? It can't be good to be using that much zinc in your mouth daily. So I need to get this fixed so it fits and doesn't cause so many problems. Not to mention the denture is actually shaped messed up as well. It is not the shape of my gums. The back of the denture comes upward, my gums aren't in line with it. The size of the denture makes my bottom lip jut out and it gets in the way of everything, the way I talk, kissing, everything. It's not okay. So I'm hoping me and the dentist can come to some aggreement and he will fix it/make me a new one. I will not keep this crappy denture for a year I just can't. It's too uncomfortable.

But anyways, that's my update. I don't want to make this too long. But I wanted to give you guys an idea of how I was doing and how I'm feeling about everything as of late. Again, I can't thank you all enough for supporting me and following my blog and youtube and facebook. It really makes me happy to know I have people supporting me who know what I'm going through or are just there for me even if they aren't. It helps alot. So thank you all so much.

Much Love. <3

12 comments:

  1. Me and my friend were arguing about an issue similar to this! Now I know that I was right. lol! Thanks for the information you post.

    Denture Reline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely presented information in this post, I prefer to read this kind of stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.

    Dental Veneers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great.This is a very informative post regarding Dental Denture. Thank you for sharing such a useful post.
    Teeth Denture Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello friends. Today I want to talk about dental implants, dental implants in Cancun are very cheap and if you ask yourself how much do dental implants cost? prices are from 1200 usd. Do not wait any longer see Cancun vacation and returns with a whole new sonrissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my very first time that I am visiting here and I’m truly pleasurable to see everything at one place.

    Dental Implants

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had also faced that problem in my past, when I wanted to learn medical fitouts, One of my friend suggested me Commodore fitouts to Join as a trainee. I joined them and not only learned the dental fitouts sydney but also getting good Confidence from them because they are known in the world for their dental fitouts. You can simply contact them by visiting – http://www.commodorefitouts.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog has increased my dental awareness and it helps me a lot to how to take care of teeth problems.

    Best Root Canal Treatment In Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  8. this blog is very useful for me.and very awarness to peoples ..thank u for your post..
    Digital Marketing Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog! thanks for sharing an informative post about the dental awareness. I really loved reading this post. Keep up the great work on your blog. Female Dentist Brandon Denture Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Very Nice Blog I Have Read Your Post It Is Very Informative And Useful Thanks For Posting And Sharing With Us And Your Writing Style Is Very Nice Dentist in Baltimore

    ReplyDelete