About Me

I'm Cheyenne. I'm 23 years old with a full set of dentures. This is my journey, these are my experiences. I hope to help those of you struggling with the same situation, and also help myself cope with this whole process. I also make vlogs on my youtube channel about my denture experience. It's not easy to be so young going through such a difficult situation, but it's who I am and I am learning to love and accept myself for who I am now.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for video updates:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEtDniBGywg85wQum_tbu3Q


Saturday, January 24, 2015

Dental Implants Research & Update

So I know it's very early to be thinking about dental implants (for my lowers, my uppers are totally ready for it) but it's also VERY expensive and TOTALLY out of my price range. I am a 23 year old with no job at the time (because of how bad my teeth were before getting dentures I was not presentable enough to get a job in the public) no car, and basically am broke due to paying for these lower dentures ($900 which is alot to me) but I am just curious about the price and how dental implants work and all the like. So I did some research. A girl I have been watching on youtube, her youtube channel name is kalinjax and she had a great following on youtube, she entered a contest for Dr. Golpa in Las Vegas to win $20,000 worth of work for the All On 4 dental implant procedure...and she won. How lucky can you get... Oh man what I would give to win something like that. I can't imagine how happy she was. Basically the All On 4 procedure is a surgery where they make you a whole new set of dentures but instead of them being like normal dentures, they put 4 metal things into your bone top and bottom and the denture is a bridge that sits right on the top/bottom of your gums & just snaps into those metal rod things. It looks amazing. All of the work that Dr. Golpa has done looks absolutely stunning.

So I've been weighing out my options. I know that in about a year I'm going to need a permanent lower denture. I need the permanent upper denture now so I'm going to work on getting the money up for that and for the lower so I will have it when I'm ready to get it. I am not sure if I'm going to have this same dentist that did my immediate dentures do it or go to a new dentist. But the dentist I go to now did not make the immediates right to look like my old teeth. They are way too short and the lowers are way too long. I don't like the dentists attitude, the way he acts. It seems he's not sympathetic to my situation, seems like he doesn't really care and it is what it is and I gotta deal with it. NO. If I'm paying this massive amount of money for dentures - I want a perfect pair, period. So I'm debating on going somewhere else for my "permanent" set.

But eventually, years down the road when I've saved up $20,000... I am going to go to Las Vegas, to Dr. Golpa and have him give me a beautiful smile. Implants which is the ultimate goal for anyone who wears dentures. I will probably start playing the lottery just because I want this SO badly and if I believe it enough that I will win some money and get these dental implants, I believe it could happen. Also having a good following I think is important as well because if another contest rolls around, you better believe I am entering.

I just made a video yesterday and uploaded it and I have over 300 views on the video which blows me away. I wouldn't have even thought that many people would watch it. I basically just made it for myself to track the experiences and the whole journey. I would've never expected to have such a good response to it. Which I am very thankful for.

So I go back on Monday for an appointment. Since my gums are shrinking everyday, I've been going back every Mon and Thurs for adjustments to the denture so that it fits and is comfortable. I got a soft reline done yesterday and today I've noticed it is squeezing my gums on one side and feels kind of lopsided. I also have some bone spurs/fragments coming through in 2 maybe 3 different places and it is so painful where the denture is rubbing on those spots. So hopefully Monday I can get this thing fitting a little better and be more comfortable. I am trying to be more positive now because since I got the denture I have noticed that as the swelling goes down, the denture doesn't look as bad. So I do think it will get better. But it's just been difficult accepting it and trying to relearn talking and eating and just getting used to it.

So that is my update for today. I didn't feel like making a video, I might make one tomorrow or I might wait until Monday after my next adjustment. We shall see. Thanks to everyone who has viewed my blog and my videos, I truly am thankful to have your support. And hopefully my experience will help people. Eventually I want to make a video explaining things in more detail, and what my teeth were like before and all that so I will get into more of it in due time.
But for now, thank you for your support!

3 comments:

  1. I really hope you make a video explaining the whole process. I have struggled with my teeth my whole life and have never been able to afford getting any work done. I finally stopped applying for most jobs and just do work over the internet because no one will hire me if it involves me seeing a customer in person.

    Tyler Williford @ Marzo Smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your preferemce for implants over dentures is totally understandable. Not only can dentures awkwardly fall out, but you also have to avoid eating certain foods when wearing them. Implants are so much more stable. Over time, they even form an artificial root that really anchors them into your jaw. Implants feel so much more natural. Hope you reach your goal! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for the great information you havr provided! You have touched on crucuial points! Dental implants Corby

    ReplyDelete