About Me

I'm Cheyenne. I'm 23 years old with a full set of dentures. This is my journey, these are my experiences. I hope to help those of you struggling with the same situation, and also help myself cope with this whole process. I also make vlogs on my youtube channel about my denture experience. It's not easy to be so young going through such a difficult situation, but it's who I am and I am learning to love and accept myself for who I am now.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for video updates:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEtDniBGywg85wQum_tbu3Q


Sunday, January 25, 2015

Denture Adhesives & Secure GMO free adhesive

For denture wearers, even if your dentures fit properly, it is still necessary to use the adhesives to keep everything in place all day while you eat and keep everything sealed. My dentures do not fit properly, they are immediate dentures and everytime I get a soft reline, yes it helps but it doesn't suction or stay put like I want it to. So I use adhesive. I have always used the pink fixodent that has zinc in it. I've tried the fixodent that is zinc free and it doesn't hold as well for me. So I've been looking into other types of adhesives.

As a person, I am very health conscious. I have learned things about GMOs and chemicals and all that and how it effects your body and health. So it only makes sense that I would find an adhesive that is GMO free, zinc free, and just all around healthier for my mouth. So I looked up organic denture adhesive, and the brand Secure popped up. So I watched a few of the Secure denture adhesive reviews and it seems to be some of the best adhesive out there. I found a link for it here: http://www.shoporganic.com/product/secure-dental-adhesive/personal_oral_care and it is $8.99 for a tube of it. It's not as big as the fixodent tubes but I have done a little research on it and everyone says a little goes a long way. This adhesive expands unlike other adhesives so you only have to use a very small amount. For a small tube, that is great news because to have to order it online, and pay almost $10 for it, I want it to last a while. So I'm going to get some and try it out and see how that works. This fixodent I use has started to not work so well for me, so I wanted to try to find something else that will hold my dentures into place all day long and not come loose whenever I'm chewing or anything. Until I am able to get my permanent set of dentures, I am going to keep having loose fitting dentures. So I want to get a product that works and does the job until I get my permanent set.

I just wanted to share a quick little blog about this and share the info in case anyone else is having trouble with their adhesives and looking for something a little better! So grateful to find something like this that is zinc and GMO free. It's an organic denture adhesive, and if you're like me and are health conscious and want to avoid chemicals, that is something you think about and take into consideration. I have been trying to switch to an all vegan/organic diet which is hard because I can't chew different kinds of foods right now because I'm still getting used to the dentures. So I've not made the transition yet, but I am definitely going to. So I just wanted to share that little tidbit of info with you guys and possibly help you all find a chemical free adhesive that works!

3 comments:

  1. You're not the only one who's health conscious. After losing a few teeth in an accident, I'm considering getting dentures to replace my missing teeth. I was pretty concerned about GMO ingredients used in denture adhesives. It's great that you found an adhesive that's zinc and GMO free. That's good news so that I can know to keep an eye out for natural adhesives that will keep my dentures in place. Thanks for the information!
    http://www.christiedenturesnsw.com.au/faqs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one who's health conscious. After losing a few teeth in an accident, I'm considering getting dentures to replace my missing teeth. I was pretty concerned about GMO ingredients used in denture adhesives. It's great that you found an adhesive that's zinc and GMO free. That's good news so that I can know to keep an eye out for natural adhesives that will keep my dentures in place. Thanks for the information!
    http://www.christiedenturesnsw.com.au/faqs

    ReplyDelete